Department for Persons Registration of Sri Lanka

Yesterday I went to the Department for Persons Registration to get new NIC for my lost NIC. I reached there at 9.00 AM. I had to stand in a long que for about 30 minutes. Then they gave me a number card and they told that they will call me to the counter according to that number. They called me at 11.30 AM. I paid the fee. When I gave my file I told them, there is a correction to be made in my name. They told me that it is not a problem, we enter your name as it is in the birth certificate. Then I was standing for a long time, and at last they announced my name at 3.30 PM. Finally I got my NIC but my name was not corrected. What they did was, they copied the details from my old NIC and pasted it in the new card. (CTRL+C, CTRL+V)

Usually if there is an error we should correct it through the Deputy Commissioner of One Day Service. I was very exhausted. So I didn't correct it. I quickly came out. Then I gave a phone call to my mom and told her that I got my NIC but the mistake in my name was till the same. She told me to correct it somehow. At that moment I was at Jawaththa Mosque. Once again I rushed to the Department and met the Deputy Commissioner of One day Service. She told me that they will announce my name once they correct it. They announced my name at 4.30 PM. I took my NIC and came to Pettah I got in to the bus and reached home. It was almost 9.30 PM. As I reached home, I bought an ID card holder from eBay because of the maximum fun I had in the Department for Persons Registration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect Huawei Modem Linux - USB Modeswitch

Install Gammu In Windows